Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The time has come....

First, I want to say that I am going to keep this short and I apologize for being MIA the last few days. We had an amazing weekend with lots of friends and family. My girlfriends threw me an amazing Sip and See for all of us to get together and gab over the little one. We had such a wonderful time sitting around and drinking wine! Also, our brother and sister in law stayed with us on Saturday night and I literally had some of the most fun I've had in a long time. It was so relaxed and they're those kind of people that you don't have to entertain....you know, the PERFECT house guest! We just sat around talking and drinking and just enjoying each other's company. I guess Georgia knew we needed a break and some adult time because she was very cooperative!
That brings me to my next thing, the time has come for me to go back to work. It has been an amazing experience being at home on bed rest and then home with Georgia. I (of course) have mixed feelings about going back, but I know I am dreading the inevitable. It's one of those things for which I have been praying for tons of strength. In hopes that I won't be a complete mess my first few days back (I start on Monday), we are taking Georgia to start her nursery tomorrow. This way, she will have a few days to get adjusted. I also, will have a few days of a true break! I don't know what it will be like to have 5 minutes without anyone around! I love the husband and our baby free time together, but I am looking forward to some baby free time for just me. I have a feeling the pool is calling my name. So that's what I have been doing, and will be doing for the next few days, just soaking up my last moments with the little one before heading back to the trenches. I am so excited to go back to work as I love my job, and I love working. But, it will be hard going from being with her literally 24/7 to picking her up, feeding her and putting her to bed. Needless to say, I'm going to be selfish and not want to do anything on the weekends when I have uninterrupted time with her. So this will be an adjustment for all and I appreciate all of your prayers!!

Love,
Charlotte

4 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great time back at work...will GA be w/ family?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there darlin! thanks for the comment on my blog and for the recipes! you are SO gorgeous and your family so beautiful and precious! i'm going to have to make you my personal stylist because I LOVE your outfits and your jewelry! your blog is so cute and I love your quotes on some of your entrees :) i'll be praying for you and your fam and the little one on going back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, good luck!! :)

    Be sure and pop by & enter my Say Whaat? contest! And follow! :)

    -Laila
    www.randomweavings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

what are you observing these days????