Thursday, January 21, 2010
Last week the Georgia belle had been fighting what we thought was a bad cold....and we thought we were on the mend until it went to her chest. For all you mamas out there, you know the heartbreaking sound of your child not being able to breathe. So we took her in, and sure enough, it was RSV. I immediately broke down because as a mom all of the what if's entered my head....should I have brought her in sooner? Would that have made a difference? I feel like I did the best I knew how to do at that moment in that it started out as just a cold. And Raymond and I have determined NOT to be the parent that runs to the doctor every time. I just can't live my life holding my breath every time she sneezes. We have been so fortunate that she has only had one cold and she's almost 8 months, so it was bound for something like this, I guess!
So we've been doing the breathing treatments- which by the way- are PURE torture for a child. Thank you Dr. Delaney, my baby hates me now! I have had to go online and refresh my memory on every lullaby and nursery rhyme known to man and while Raymond retrains her and gives her the breathing treatment, I sing and dance and kiss her forehead and wipe away the tears. We have finally got her back sleeping through the night, so Step 1 in the right direction! Except, with much warning from the doctors, Raymond and I have come down with some of the same symptoms....ahhhhh!!!! We need a coffee break from life right now.
So- that's my sob story of the day. Wish us much healing and strength as we get Georgia back to 100%!!!
We're off to Rock Hill this weekend for Raymond's brother's wedding so we will have many pictures and I will post my winner of my giveaway this weekend!!!!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!
Thursday, January 14, 2010
On a brighter side, I can't wait to get my people and read all the other trash in there.....man I live for these things!
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Hope you all were warmer than we were this weekend!
Friday, January 8, 2010
Hope you all have a wonderfully warm weekend!!!
1) List 10 things that make you happy
2) Tag 10 bloggers that brighten your day
3) If you are one of the 10 bloggers awarded, link back to my blog and continue brightening people's day!
10 things that make me happy.......
1) The look on my beautiful daughter's face when I wake her up in the morning
2) Looking at my wedding pictures and realizing my fairytale life has come true
3) Being surrounded by all my wonderful girlfriends....it's times like those that empower me as a daughter, mom, and friend and give me such strength
4) Journaling....I read back on all of my entries and I realize later, what I have learned from my journey
5) A quiet night at home with my family, a glass of wine, a fire, and watching tv
6) Station 9 on Sullivan's Island....something about the salt air.....it's cleansing for the soul.....and it's where Raymond proposed and of course it's where I took my bridal portrait...that beautiful view hangs in my bedroom and I look at it daily
7) Shopping....for all things in general
8) Doing a project from start to finish....I love that feeling when I can say I have completed a project and I oversaw every step- it's refreshing!
9) Throwing a party....dinner, or grand party, doesn't matter...I love having my hands in all aspects of planning a fiesta
10) Worshiping. Our church has an amazing Contemporary Service and it brings Raymond and I so close together- it is so important for us to attend Church as a family and for God to be the center of our marriage.
Now....to my 10 bloggettes that make me happy......
1) Kathryn at Est 3.31.07
2) Pinot After Playdates
3) Margaret at Some Like It Southern
4) Lyndsau at All Things Fluffy, Fabulous & Famous!
5) GMC at The Cobia Family
6) Beth at Just Ask Beth
7) Jessica at The Dents Deal
8) Jessica at Love from Texas
9) Kelsey at The Seattle Smiths
10) Wandering Thoughts of a Scientific Housewife
I love all of your blogs and I enjoy reading them so much! Thanks for inspiring me in some way!
Now....to my other award (it's like Christmas!) from GMC over at The Cobia Family She absolutely has the cutest blog and I love all of her monograms! She has found places to monogram that I never even thought of! Her house is too cute!
So I am passing this onto 10 Chic Blogs whom I love and adore.....
The Drama Mama
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
This survey came from Love from Texas....her blog is just so adorable....
My new favorite Raspberry Pomegranate (I also love the Crimson Amaryllis)
But when I stumbled across THESE in Non(e) Such here in town....I was IN LOVE........
My last favorite candle is the Tyler candle in Mediterranean Fig....OMG this is the best candle!
My favorite stationary store here also carries the Paddywax candles as well and we got the Freesia scent for an engagement gift and we saved it and took it on our honeymoon and used it to bring a little bit of the South to Jamaica.....
Monday, January 4, 2010
Alas.....I may be exaggerating a tad.....but it really is fricking freezing outside.....I have a heater at my desk to keep my tootsies toasty.....
So to protect the Bug's precious little ears I ordered this from The Children's Place...............
Friday, January 1, 2010
Here are some other things that Georgia is up to these days............
As you can tell by all of her pictures, she is a DROOLING machine....hence, we are teething, but at her 6 month checkup it didn't look like her teethies were about to breakthrough so I think we have a ways to go
We are sitting up for extended periods of time- she will occasionally fall backwards but is so good at keeping herself upright
She is sleeping about 11 hours a night- which is so nice for us- it allows us to really get a good nights sleep!
We are eating 6 oz about 5 times a day and eating 3 meals a day....our favorites are squash, sweet potatoes, and pears...as you can see, she really doesn't turn much away! She is such a good eater and is such a doll with her spoon!
We are grabbing anything and EVERYTHING in sight! And immediately put it in our mouth!!!
We are wearing 9-12 month clothing in most brands but in our favorite brand Kissy Kissy we are wearing 12-18 months.....yikes!!!!!
We are a busy busy bee! She is just moving around like crazy and loves watching her Baby Einstein movies and dancing to music- she loves kicking her legs and making all kinds of crazy noises!!!!
As you can see, we are having so much fun with our Georgiabelle- she is such a joy to our life and I just cannot get enough of this chunk of lovin'
Hope you all had a safe and Happy Happy New Year's Eve and I wish you all the very very best in 2010!!!!