Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Temporary Sabbatical

Hello all! I am sorry that I have not updated the blog but things have been a little chaotic. I had some downtime and I thought that I would shoot a quick blog about what's going on!
First, I am so proud of my brother/sister-in-law! Yesterday they closed on a BEAUTIFUL home in Charleston and are getting all ready to move in this weekend! I was originally supposed to go down this weekend but had to postpone so I am really anxious to get over there and check the new digs out! I think it was exactly what they were looking for and they love it and are so happy and excited and we are so excited for them!
Baby Updates: Went to the Dr. last Thursday and he said everything looked great! The heartbeat was as strong as ever and it's the most refreshing and beautiful sound! I go back in a few weeks for my last 4 week interval check up. After that I will go every two weeks and I will do that either 3 or 4 times. I can't remember- we'll have to ask Raymond. THEN I start going every week. The time is quickly approaching! We signed up for our childbirth classes and we will do those in May. Other than that, we are just rolling right along! The swelling has started to kick in! I didn't believe it when everyone kept warning me but OH BABY! By about 2 or 3 in the afternoon, I can see my ankles just doubling in size. It seems to be a lot worse when I am in stone cold flats so I try and wear some sort of a little heel every day. I am still sporting the big dawg heels but I know that I will have to forgo those pretty soon : ( I have tried to stay with it as long as I could, but I know that the back pains will prevent my added 4 inches of height! I will manage to wear a little heel right up till the end though- THAT I won't give up. I come home every afternoon and prop my feet up- I know what you're thinking, very convenient that I have yet another reason that keeps me from cooking dinner- but luckily I have a very understanding husband.
I know that I keep reiterating this in all of my blogs, but I just can't wait for her to get here so we can meet her. Raymond has been anxious as I think I've previously mentioned due to the fact that he has yet to be able to feel her kick. WELL.....last night cured all anxiety! GiGi let out a HUGE punt for her daddy. We were laying down watching a movie, and of course, you can imagine, Raymond's hand does not stray far from my stomach as he fears he will miss it. All of a sudden after his polite pleading to her for her to move, she performed beautifully! The look on his face was priceless. I am so happy for him that he was finally able to feel what I have been feeling. It's so reassuring when she's rolling around in there- I can only imagine how active she will be when she has the whole world at her hands!
This past weekend Raymond went to Litchfield for a guys weekend to celebrate one of his friends getting married and so I packed up and went to Chester on Saturday. Uncle Preston's family had a fish fry with lots of fried caloric intake. It was nice to get out of town for a while and be out in the country. Plus, I think that Georgia really enjoyed the 40 hushpuppies that her mama consumed. It was wonderful being with Peggy and Milton and our trips are always too short! We did come home with some nice goodies for the armoir! Georgia has some adorable dresses and sets (and a bathrobe!!!!!) to add to her wardrobe! I can't wait to play dress up with her!
Spring is here and we have a busy few months ahead! We have weddings galore which means PARTIES! It has been fun traveling the wedding party circuit for almost 2 years now. Since most of our friends are getting married off there has been no shortage of social gatherings. I will definitely miss that when all the hub bub is over! Good thing that it is all happening now before Georgia's arrival! Things will be a little calmer once she comes- well- for everyone else at least!

"Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see."
- John Whitehead, Rutherford Institute

Many kisses and baby kicks to you all!

Love, Charlotte and the brood

1 comment:

  1. Well it is about time that you gave the world an update!! I am glad that gigi is finally kicking so that everyone can feel the joy!! I don't understand why you haven't posted the picture of Dad's new "hightops" on your blog. You know he is going to be wearing them while chasing gigi around the house. I notice that you have a new follower named Hambone, maybe he should leave a comment or two now and again ;)!!

    ReplyDelete

what are you observing these days????