Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My latest Staycation

WELL some of you know by now and some of you don't so I thought I would save myself and my husband the trouble of updating the masses and just do it through a very impersonal blog. Selfishly, it's the easiest, and LEAST EMOTIONAL way for me to talk about what's been going on.
I am typing this to you as I lay in my hospital bed at Club Med Baptist. I went for my weekly Blood Pressure check up yesterday and despite holding off for the past few weeks and seeing what my body will do on it's own, my Wonder Doc decided it was time for him to intervene. Over the past few weeks my BP has been climbing slowly but has pretty much stabilized (at a much too high rate). He was trying to let me work and then do bed rest whenever I was not at work. His orders were for me to do nothing when I was not at my desk! It worked for a few weeks, but yesterday when I went in, my BP was higher than ever. So, he marched my pregnant self right over to the High Risk Unit and checked me in! This way he felt he could truly monitor what was going on with me and Baby Georgia. Although scary at first, and completely traumatizing for my husband, who happened to miss his first appointment yesterday- I can tell you folks that THAT will never happen again!!!! Poor thing rushed back from a meeting in Aiken to be by my side. Luckily for him and myself I had my warrior of a mother and ever diligent best friend with me until he could get there. I don't know what I would do without any of them.
So the course of action as it stands right now is I will be here until at least tomorrow morning. The reality of the situation is that, as most of you parents know I am sure, High BP can cause a significant number of problems in pregnancy and birth and poses a high risk for still borns. So not only am I under lose monitoring, the baby is under an even bigger microscope to make sure this is not having an ill effect on her health. I am hooked up to all sorts of gadgets and after two long ultrasounds yesterday, the baby is in stable condition. I have yet to develo Preeclampsia so we are ever so thankful for that. The Lord is definitely watching over us right now. They are starting me on some BP medicine and giving me two doses of steroids to increase Georgia's lung maturity in the event she has to come early. My Wonder Doc's main goal is to get me safely to 37 weeks and deliver the baby then. We don't know yet what the prescription is going to be for my work situation, whether or not he will continue to try and let me do what I was doing, or to put me on total bed rest. I will at the very least, be out the rest of the week. The workhorse in me wants to continue working, but I understand at what cost this comes for my health and the baby's so I am completely open to anything he thinks is in my best interest.
I really appreciate all of the comments/texts/calls and most importantly, the prayers. Raymond, Georgia, myself, and our families need them more than ever right now. Please also pray for the doctors and staff here at Baptist as they are taking such wonderful care of me and that they continue to have insight into our issues. I will continue to send out updates on our impending bundle of joy as I have them!
In the meantime, I will continue to lay here and enjoy my respite here at Baptist Hospital!!!!!

“My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
-2 Corinthians 12: 9

Much Love to you all,
Charlotte, Raymond, Georgia and Tellie

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are you observing these days????