Saturday, January 24, 2009

Exciting New Challenges!!!

For those of you that don't know, I have lately been feeling the itch of changing my career path. I love what I do and I have learned so much being in the position that I am, but the time has come where I no longer have that spark that originally gave me the drive to be that top sales(wo)man. And, I noticed that it started to infiltrate to my "non work life". And we all know if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!!! It's not that I don't still love what I do and I have had such wonderful opportunities meeting new people, hearing their stories, problems, challenges, and then having the ability to help them. BUT, with the down slide of the economy and the State changing some of their infrastructure, which indirectly affects my position, I have decided that it might be my time to switch gears. You know, jump ship before it sinks. Not really knowing what was out there, and not trying to jump the gun and just up and leave my career (I do have a baby on the way afterall), I sent my resume out to see what would bite and low and behold, this awesome opportunity came across my desk. Two interviews later, I am now the Assistant Account Manager for The Benefit Company, Inc. What the company does in a nutshell is manage benefits (and all types within that realm) for large and small companies all over the US. Some companies I had never heard of and some I was very familiar with (NASCAR, Red Bull, BCBG). I love the company and the atmosphere that they thrive in. I am very excited to begin a new chapter in my life. It's bittersweet to leave my zone and clients, and I will definitely miss those that I have worked so closely with for the past year and a half. But it is time to lock all of this up and shelve it away for now. I appreciate all of the pep talks, good thoughts and prayers as I have been searching for the correct answers as to what I should do. I can't wait to see what the future unfolds for me and my little family.

Have a good one!!

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
Eleanor Roosevelt


Love,

Charlotte's Clan

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS! WOW! That is a lot to take on with a new baby coming but how super exciting at the same time! It is awesome that you were able to start long before bub arrives. Life is good huh? =)
    -Lori Free-

    ReplyDelete

what are you observing these days????