Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Heartbeat Mania!!!

We had our checkup yesterday and everything looks great!! Not much to report which is a good thing at this point!! We heard the heartbeat and everything sounded wonderful. It was a rather emotional moment for me as we have only SEEN the heartbeat up until this point. Listening to the sound of my child's life has truly made the miracle of God that much more concrete. How great are all of His blessings and Raymond and I truly are reaping the benefits of His mercies. This week I hit the end of my 17th week so I am well into my second trimester. I am feeling really great, I've got some of my energy back and I am having to loosen the adjustable straps on my maternity pants! The doctor is very pleased with how I am progressing and says that we are right where we want to be! We go back in a few weeks for our 20 week checkup and at that point, we will be able to see what our little BOJ is going to be! I am so excited and can hardly wait! Raymond is just beside himself with everything and really looking forward to start getting everything ready for the arrival!

On a different note, while the miracle of life is amazing, it also reminds us how fragile life is and how precious our time is with those that we love. As I sit back and relish my upcoming months of impending motherhood, I am quickly reminded of how lucky we are to have such wonderful friends and family. This time of year is bittersweet for my dear friend Blair, who, four years ago lost her father. Papa K was a wonderful man with the largest heart and even bolder spirit. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful memories of him and so thankful to have had such an incredible role model of a father and husband. He truly touched so many people and I know that his love and generosity live on in the hearts of those he left behind.

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.” - Irish Blessing

Love to you all, the Hamilton's

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed the update, Charlotte. Such exciting times await you and Raymond - and all of us. You need to write a book one day - you have a gift with your words. P

    ReplyDelete

what are you observing these days????