Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Fathers Day


So my post is a little belated, but the days just slip away and I have no idea where my time goes!! So here it is...a tribute to my husband.
Dear Raymond,

On your very first Father's Day I just want you to know how proud I am to be your partner in life, marriage, and now parenthood. You are an incredible man with an amazing spirit. I depend on you so much that I don't know where I would be (or my sanity for that matter) without you! You are so strong and I thank you for carrying me through some of the toughest times we've experienced together in the past few months. I couldn't have done it without you.

It seems like yesterday I was 18 and a freshman in college and going on a blind date with a guy from The Citadel. Never in a million years did I imagine that we would be standing here today, married and with a beautiful baby girl. You have made me the happiest woman in the world and I thank God for every morning that I get to wake up with you. You make me laugh with your never dampening personality, you lift my spirits after a bad day with your bottomless encouragement, and you protect me (and now Georgia) from any harm you think might come my way. You are a wonderful provider and I love you for that.

Thank you for choosing me to go on this incredible journey with you. I look forward to all of the many years we will have together. Watching our children grow and learn. Watching each other accept rewards and overcoming defeat, and being there to pick each other up when we feel like we can't go on. You make me want to be a better person, wife and mother. Thank you for giving me my fairy tale dream come true.
My heart is yours forever,
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are you observing these days????