Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Leaps and Bounds

So this morning we went to visit our baby girl and were so thrilled to see that her CPAP had been removed. This is the big tube that was pushing oxygen into her lungs. I apologize to all of your medical folk out there for my potential inaccuracies in describing the equipment.....They had replaced this with a smaller tube that is not giving her any oxygen but just room air and helping her stabilize her breathing. They have been giving her formula and slowly increasing the amount they feed her. At her last feeding at 3 they gave her 20 cc's and she took all of it beautifully. They are going to try 25 at 6 and hopefully they will decrease her IV tonight as well if she continues to take the formula. The staff is so pleased with her progress and hope that she continues on the path that she is. We just need her breathing to slow down a bit more and we can start introducing bottles/direct feeding to her. I have started pumping and so that has been interesting!! I could probably do an entire blog just on that! I am trying to roll over my laisse faire attitude and just be patient with the whole process. I received the best gift this morning when the NICU nurse took Georgia off of all her monitors and let me and Raymond hold our precious angel. It was by far the most incredible moment in my life. I will treasure it forever. I don't think that I could ever express in words how wonderful my heart felt at that moment. She is so beautiful and so perfect and I am already the proudest mama on the block! Now we will just wait patiently to bring her home and introduce her to her "Big Sister" Tellie and have our little family complete!!





6 comments:

  1. What a cute photo..it is definitely a feeling like no other when you hold your child in your hands. I remember after giving birth, they gave my son to me and I cried tears of joy at how amazing it was...
    Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful picture, and what a wonderful moment to get him in your arms. I love the hardcore Target shopper comment in your profile. Nothing like a trip to Target. We don't have one where I live, have to travel 45 miles, which I do not mind/ha Going to visit my daughter in Dallas this weekend,,,,Super Target here we come! Her first baby is due in August! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meant to say "her" not him,,,,sorry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations guys! I know that amazing feeling you are talking about and you won't ever forget it. I can still remember her little newborn smell....enjoy every day with her, she is gorgeous momma!
    -Lori Free-

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stumbled upon your blog from "Est 3.31.07" as she was asking for us to keep your family in our prayers, and I realized that Georgia's Godmother is Liz- I went to high school with her, although I'm a few years older.

    I will definitely say a prayer that y'all get to bring sweet Georgia home soon! Congratulations :-)

    ReplyDelete

what are you observing these days????