Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Thankful Tuesday

So it occurred to me as I was looking back over my blog that it's been a while since I have taken a moment to think about what I am thankful for....so here goes.....rambling as it may be.....
*My Husband
I am so thankful to have a wonderful partner in crime, and I know that without Raymond, I would certainly lose my mind on a daily basis, I am thankful to be in a marriage where we don't judge, impose, belittle, micromanage each other. I feel comfortable to go at it on my own, and know that if I fall, Raymond's view of me won't change, but most likely his love will only increase for me more.
*My Mama
Now that I have a child of my own, my admiration and love for her (and dependency!) has exponentially grown. I truly do not know how she raised my brother and I, and never missed a beat. Part of me thinks that this is why she loved us even more- I hate to say that my mama loved us more than most parents love their kids, but I really do think she did. I think she attempted to love any hurt or pain that came our way away. She is the most unselfish and giving mother that I know. I have so many attributes that I hope to emulate in raising my own daughter the main being realistic, unselfish, and unconditional love. It's something that I just sit back in awe of. That goes for other single parents out there as well...my (monogrammed) hat is off to you!!
*All of our friends and family
We have an amazing support system and are so thankful for those friends that have stepped up and cooked us meals, offered babysitting (esp those that don't have babies!!) and chipped in where necessary. Also, our family, the prayers and love and help that abounds from these people amazes me on a daily basis. For this, I am so VERY thankful.
*Being able to have my family around me every night......
I think I sometimes take for granted what a stable household Raymond and I are able to provide for Georgia. We both have great jobs, a strong love for each other, and a desire to give our children the best life possible. As I look around blog world and I read blogs of women who's husbands are away via either the military or a traveling job I think to myself, thank goodness I know every night we are able to have dinner together. Every night I get to kiss them both good night and wake up and have breakfast with them in the morning.....
*The little things.....
Last night Raymond and I put Georgia down and played a game of Scrabble...this may sounds boring or cheesy to some of you, but you can really learn so much about each other by coming together over something as simple as a board game. One being, your partner, who misspells on an hourly basis, is a SWEEPER in the game! Who would have thunk it?!?! He's now beat me several times, and every time I am more amazed! (He also mopped the floor with my you know what in Monopoly- note to self: buy the railroads)
Also, this morning he made a bottle and brought it upstairs so I wouldn't have to go down and get it when Georgia woke up for her morning feeding....little things like this are why I love him the most.
*Aunt Liz
For those of you that don't know, Liz takes time out of her busy schedule to come out and help me whenever I need it. Literally- she comes out at the drop of hat and it just means a lot to me that most of the time, she knows I need her before I ask. Not to say that my other friends don't do this, because they certainly do/would do this if I asked, but Liz is always there for me. She also just has a knack for calming the bug down whenever she's around so if Georgia is especially fussy, it's good to have her there.
*Aunt Keys
When I think I can't go on and the exhaustion is making my eyes watery, I know I can always count on Keys for a good lighthearted conversation. It's been rough the last few weeks, because before I the baby, we literally talked everyday- and usually for at least 30 minutes or so. Since the baby, those conversations have resorted to about two times a week if we're lucky, and usually not near as long. Last week we talked for over an hour- which was an amazing feat in itself- about celebrity gossip, bathing suit shopping, redecorating our homes, what we're looking forward to most about the beach, etc.....it was just so wonderful to take my mind off of all the serious stuff going on in my life and just chat and giggle about the inane details of our lives.

There are so many other things that are now coming to my mind...so maybe I will make an attempt to address this topic more often so my posts aren't as long......
One other little prayer request- Raymond and I go tonight for our first weigh in....WISH US LUCK!!! Hopefully we will have lost something....we'll see how this whole thing is panning out for us.....I'll update tomorrow! Hopefully with good news!!

Hope you all are having a Thankful Tuesday as well!!!

Love, Charlotte

3 comments:

  1. I love a thankful post. We need to do this more. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post Charlotte.. it made my heart happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you just the sweetest thing ever!!

    ReplyDelete

what are you observing these days????