Monday, May 11, 2009

1 step forward....several steps back

First, I hope that all of you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Mine was superb. Raymond cooked me french toast and sausage and delivered it to me in bed with a super sweet card. Then we literally did NOTHING but lay in bed with Tellie and watched movies all day. It was so nice just relaxing and catnapping all day. It was exactly what I needed and I am so thankful to have such a wonderful husband who spoils me so! We had to miss out on lunch with my mom and Davis so I was pretty bummed about that but I am so excited to give my mom her present so as soon as I give it to her I will post pictures of it- I know you'll love it as much as I do! She's an amazing woman who continues to inspire me everyday and she's the best mama I could ask for. I can't wait for Georgia to know just how wonderful her Swoozie is!
On a different note, we went to the doctor this morning. I woke up this morning with a splitting headache. It has come back tenfold. I feel really crummy today and I am tired, nauseous, crampy and achy. We had our ultrasound done first, and we were a little apprehensive because the past two weeks, Georgia has failed the breathing part of the biophysical profile. The doctors haven't been too alarmed as it is not that uncommon since I am still early on for the breathing part. But they do expect to see the muscles working at this point and in order for her to pass the test, she has to "breathe" for 30 seconds. Two weeks ago she didn't do it all, and last week, she would breathe, but only for about 10 seconds. But this morning, Miss G blew us away with her phenomenal breathing capability!!! Within the first five minutes of us being in there, we were able to get all of the aspects of the test done and she passed with flying colors! This was such a relief to us and God had definitely answered our prayers. We also had a 3D/4D ultrasound done and so I have some of those images that as soon as Raymond scans them and sends them to me I will post them on here. Our little peach weighs approx 5 lbs 1 oz and is in the 68 percentile. I had actually lost a pound which wasn't all that unusual as I have lost weight throughout the entire pregnancy. That definitely came as a surprise since I have done nothing but eat since I'm home all day! I was sure I had definitely gained a ton- or at least that' how I feel since my stomach continues to expand day by day. Good to know that bed rest isn't going to my thighs!! Unfortunately, my blood pressure was up a good bit and I figured as much since my headache had come back- I have gotten pretty in tune with my body and I can tell when things are a little off. If it doesn't get better in the next day or so they are going to readmit me to the hospital. They changed up my medication a little so hopefully we will be able to stabilize the bp with that. We are a little disheartened in that we thought we were doing really well and going to be able to bypass any more stays in the hospital but it looks like we can't know that for sure. My body has taken on a mind of its own so we just hope that we can buy another week or two (preferably even longer!!) before Georgia comes. With this news comes the realization that my life truly is on hold until the baby comes and that means I will have to miss out on things that I really want to partake in. But, no sacrifice is too large when it comes to the health of me and Gigi-
Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we are not out of the woods quite yet and still need out baby girl to sit a while longer before she enters this world.

"Grow old along with me the best is yet to be."
-Robert Browning

Love, Charlotte, Raymond, Georgia and Tellie

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are you observing these days????