Saturday, May 2, 2009


Hello all! I am so happy to be updating this blog from my very own bed! This morning the doctor came in, and although they were still a little troubled by my headache, agreed to let me go home and give it a go here. Raymond and I both hope that with some uninterrupted sleep and being in the comfort of my own home might help alleviate the headache. My blood pressure looked good, still throwing the usual curve ball in there every now and then so we have to monitor it a few times a day. My mama got us this snazzy digital monitor so Raymond is on top of it! He's already checked it since we've gotten home! The doctor said ideally they would keep me until the headache went away altogether, but we promised to call if anything changed and we have an appointment to go back on Monday morning. My lab work looked good, although yesterday they determined that I had developed a bladder infection. Go figure! I jokingly told them to just put it on my tab- might as well! The staff took such good care of me and although 5 days in the hospital can be very trying, they made it as wonderful as possible. I plan on making up a little goody bag for all the nurses and techs over there and taking it to them next week during one of our visits. They sent me home with my BP medicine, some heavy duty Tylenol and some antibiotics so I should be good to go for a while. We also have tons of literature on what to look for for the pre-eclampsia worsening and any preterm labor that might set in. I feel pretty good, just very tired. It's so hard to believe that we have been gone from our home for almost a week and it feels so very good to be home. I realize that I take a lot of things for granted and I vow to change that!
On a much brighter note, Georgia's bedding came in yesterday so my mom went and picked that up for us and is coming out here tonight and helping Raymond set that up. I am so excited to see what the bedding looks like and since it was custom made, I only have the sketches of what I ordered to get me through! I can't wait to see the final product! The glider won't be in for a few more weeks, but should we have to, we have a LaZBoy that can get us through. I filled them in on my condition so they said they would do everything in their power to get it in as soon as possible!!
I know that you all are fully aware of everything that Raymond has been doing and as I am typing, he is downstairs cleaning up the house and catching us up on laundry. He mowed the grass so that it would look nice for us, he watered my plants to make sure they continue to bloom. He ran all over town this afternoon stocking us up on necessities and filling my prescriptions and getting things for the nursery. He's already planning out the meals for each night and arranging it to where he can come home on his lunch break to make me lunch so I don't have to get up. He is holding it together so well and I am just amazed by his strength. I find so much solace and peace from him and I know that I wouldn't be half as sane if it weren't for him lifting me up. I just wanted to say directly to you Raymond that I love you more than anything and I am so thankful for you and all that you continue to do. Georgia, Tellie and I are so very blessed to have you as the number one man in our lives.
I am kicking my feet up and drawing the shade and hopefully going to drift off to dreamland here in a minute.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you so much for all of your prayers and thoughts. It really kept us going these past few days! We have so many wonderful things to look forward to in the next few weeks and we can't wait to share all of the wonderful memories to come with you!


1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you are home Charlotte! Just a tip, since I had to live with my parents during my bedrest (Trey was in training), my mom packed a cooler for me every morning and left it bedside. It had juice, a few snacks (like yogurt and cheese sticks), another container of water (I kept a two-quart pitcher bedside as well...along with my cup and STRAWS! Straws are great for bedrest...the bendy kind). Anyway, it was great to have that at my fingertips. And then she came home for lunch and fed me, then refilled my water. Sounds like Raymond is being a rockstar husband! We will continue to keep y'all in our thoughts and prayers! Get some rest! ~Molly


what are you observing these days????