Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Heat is Here!!!!!

Well Ladies and Gentlemen......the HEAT IS HERE!!!!!!!!!! I took Tellie out for a bit earlier and my goodness it was stifling!! It's getting to that point that aside from laying my happy behind at the pool, I cannot find relief anywhere! I am so lucky that the pool is only about a 5 minute drive from our house so I can be there in no time! My doctor said that the water is really good for pregnant women- it completely allows you to be weightless and take some pressure off of your joints and back and what not all the while getting some much needed Vitamin D.....luckily this pregnant thing will only be affecting me for a few more days. Looks like the pool is calling my name....
My hats go off to ALL of you women who have been/will be pregnant throughout the summer. I think that Raymond would probably not talk to me ever again if he had to experience that with me. I cannot imagine anything worse!! I know I know I know....it's all worth it when you hold that little baby but let me tell you, while you have swollen limbs that make you look like you have elephantitis and everything hurts and aches, the LAST thing you are thinking about is how it will all be worth it. Some pregnant women are just too darn optimistic for me : ) I am a realist. I am all about keeping the mama happy....so for the mean time, what keeps this mama happy is a freezer stocked with popsicles and ice cream, plenty of flavored seltzer waters in the fridge, blogging (this is an all inclusive term for fb'ing, tweeting, etc), leg massages (back massages not so much since I can no longer get on my stomach) and spending time with my wonderful husband and precious furball. I am planning on taking a few bump watch pictures just to do a final round up of what I look like so I will post those in the next day or two.

"What would you do if I sang out of tune, would you stand up and walk out on me ? Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song and I'll try not to sing out of key."

Hope you all are having fun avoiding the heat!!!!

Love, Charlotte

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I wish the heat would come here! It is barely 50 degrees today. :( I hope all goes well on Monday. Wow, that is just around the corner....Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG..I had my son May 22nd (last year) and I thought I would die if I had to endure the summer being pregnant. For starters...I'm always hot and always like cool temps. We are debating now when to have the second...we can start now and have a winter baby..or in august and have a baby before summer...otherwise next spring for a winter baby!
    Hope the pool is wonderful...I need to get myself down to ours..it's a 1/2 minute walk down the cul-de-sac.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my site! I know that I would be the crazy lady buying Mango Mandarian by the case if they ever discontinue it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG stay cool. Nothing is worse in prego land that feeling HOT all the time! Okay peace lilly's will have to find. My Mother is a total green thumb and I'm dying. I seriously walked outside with a rake and gardening gloves and did not know where to start. I was blown away. The good news is once I began I did not want to stop--but now need a massage. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

what are you observing these days????