Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thunderstorm Thursday

So it would be fitting that the weather during my first week of bed rest has been nothing short of gloomy and yucky and I truly think that this is God's way of helping me through the first couple of days. No doubt that if it had been sunny all week, it would be have been MUCH harder for me to resist the temptation of going outside and getting some Vitamin D. I am not going to lie, this whole bed rest thing has been much harder than I thought it was going to be. Luckily, my doctor says that I do not have to go overboard with the literal term of "bed rest" His main objective is just to keep my feet up and not having me stressed out. I can get up, walk around, do light cooking, retrieve things for myself, etc. Hardcore housework- I think not. Driving- negative. Exercise- no ma'am. He also told me that I know my body well so if I feel dizzy or lightheaded or heaven's to Betsy, start seeing stars, I know what to do. Luckily I have a doctor who doesn't expect me to be immobile for the next few week. So would I survive if I literally had to be flat on my back 24 hours a day? Probably not. I think that Raymond would probably have to have me sedated so that I would stay in bed. I wondered why I had heard of these women who had to be flat on their backs for all but going to the bathroom and he said that my condition doesn't call for that. For whatever reason, their situations they needed to have all the pressure off of their bodies and attempting to stop any ongoing/potential premature labor, which thank goodness, is not a threat at this point. My body shows no sign of going into labor right now- I think I've had a few contractions and the monitor showed that in the hospital, but nothing to be alarmed about. All I can say is that I am so thankful this is not me- I give total praise to anyone who has had to endure agony of that nature. You are definitely a saint in my book.
Our visit this morning at the doctor went really well. We were hooked up to the fetal monitor and had my blood pressure checked. Baby G looked really good and I drank a Mello Yello before I went in so she gave us lots of movement. It is such an incredible feeling to feel her moving all around and it's very reassuring to Dr. Wild that my bp isn't affecting her at this point. He told me to continue taking it easy and we will see him on Monday! We will go back every Monday and Thursday from here on out so our fears of my situation progressing and getting worse without us being able to catch it has been eased slightly since we are at the doctor's office so much. They hopefully will catch it before I take a severe downfall.
Last night Georgia was full of energy and we think it was the delicious Strawberry Shortcake that Raymond and I made for dessert. We could see my stomach jumping all around and we got plenty more than the desired 10 movements in an hour. I think in 15 minutes we saw and felt her move about 20 times. As the days tick by we get more and more anxious to meet her. When I say anxious, it's not because we are nervous, but just that we are so overwhelmingly excited to meet her. We can't wait to see what color hair she has, her eyes, kiss all 10 fingers and 10 toes, and start the betting on who she will look like more. I love her so much at this moment that I cannot imagine the emotion that will consume me when I first lay eyes on her.
We hope to hang her curtains tonight and I will surely post pictures as soon as we get those and hopefully the glider is not too far behind! Thank you all so much for your continued prayers and thoughts! We have definitely felt the love of all of you this past week!

"It won’t be like this for long. One day soon we'll look back laughin’ at the week we brought her home. This phase is gonna fly by so baby just hold on, cause it won't be like this for long."

Love, Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are you observing these days????