Tuesday, May 26, 2009

We have a delivery date!!!!!

We went to the doctor today for our check up and we have scheduled our delivery for next Monday!!!! Raymond and I are thrilled that the end is in sight!! I have yet to have any relief from my headache and my blood pressure has stabilized somewhat but still not out of the woods there yet. Being pre-eclamptic, they were preparing to deliver the baby at 37 weeks. Next Monday, I will be 36 1/2 weeks. So we really aren't too ahead of schedule!! I will be having a C Section as I have yet to even begin to experience any dilation at this point. They will check me again on Friday, but we went ahead and scheduled the surgery so that we would be on the books. At this point, to be induced, I would be in labor for a long time (my doctor said I wouldn't deliver before Tuesday) and the risk of still having to have a section is still about 50/50 at that point. So, after weighing all of the options and pros and cons, and over all of the surprises out of left field, Raymond and I felt it was just safest to go ahead and prepare for the C Section. I am perfectly comfortable with this, and I see where this is a decision that some people don't take lightly. It is so personal and I feel it's that way because of all the unsolicited advice/condemnation that people give you. It's amazing to me the way people are able to talk to you as if they know your situation and they have been there throughout your whole ordeal! To me, the end result is the same and we are just focused on bringing our precious bundle into the world the safest and best way for us. I realize that my recovery will be a little rough and I have prepared myself for the worst. We also realize that at 36 weeks, Georgia may have to spend a little time in the NICU and so we hope for the best with that situation. We have a wonderful pediatrician and an awesome OB/Gyn so we feel confident that we will receive the best care! Luckily, we are now pros at the L and D floor at Baptist and we have gotten to know all of the nurses up there and are very comfortable with who will be taking care of us. We are so thankful for all of your thoughts and prayers and appreciate everything all of you have done!!!

Love, Charlotte and her thankful clan

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you two!! Just think.. in less than a week you'll be holding that precious little girl.. unreal! I'll be thinking about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see pictures. Congratulations!!! I wanted to nominate you while I still can. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

what are you observing these days????