Saturday, May 16, 2009

I will praise you in this storm

I am blogging to you from my lovely dorm room as Raymond calls it. Just wanted to quickly update everyone on our status. Yesterday we had an MRI at the call of a Neurologist and everything turned out fine. Except for the fact that a loud and obnoxious MRI is not exactly what I recommend to someone battling a headache! We also had an ultrasound after that and Georgia passed with FLYING colors! Every moment that I tend to head in the direction of a depressed state of mind, I just remind myself that our situation could me so much worse. Our baby girl is thriving despite her mommy's miserable condition and for that Raymond and I could not be more thankful. We don't know when we are heading home, and we try our hardest not to focus on that. We have succumbed to being here until our baby girl arrives. That way, our expectations will not be failed and our disappointment will be kept to a minimum. Today marks the third day of my steroid treatment for the headache and sadly, I don't see much relief. The neurologist this morning was going to see if there was something else they might be able to try. They can't treat a pregnant woman like any ordinary person, so it makes it a little different. And while, I am incredibly laid back when it comes to all the "dangers" out there to the fetus, I am reluctant to just keep pumping drugs into my body. I have to draw the line at some point. Luckily for me, my incredible and amazing doctor has so much compassion for me and will not keep the baby inside at the risk of my sanity or my health. Luckily, we are far enough along that they feel confident in her survival and low risk of long term effects from an early delivery. My swelling has increased today slightly and my BP has been a little more erratic than desired. So we shall see what the doctors have to say about that. We just pray that this is not a makor set back. So far they have been able to keep the pre-elcampsia at bay and my condition has been ideal except for the headache. My doc is out of town so NOTHING major can happen until Monday! I love all of the doctors in my practice, but any High Risk pregnant woman can concur that you get so attached to your doctor. He has been there every step of the way and never led me to doubt him- so yesterday when he came to see us, I specifically made sure that he would be the one guiding me through the end. He assured me that unless some strange situation pops up and he can't get here, he will be here for me, for us. That made Raymond and I feel a lot better. I just need Georgia to cooperate! We will continue to sink our roots in God and weather this storm the best way we know how. With diligent prayer, and unwavering faith. We know that He has a plan for us and He has yet to lead us astray.
I send my very best out to our dear friends Hamp and Rebecca tonight. Rebecca, I know that you are going to be the most beautiful bride and I know that the wedding will be everything and more that you've imagined. Hamp, take care of her! I wish you all of the happiness that I desire for Raymond and myself. You both deserve it!
For the rest of you prayer warriors, please continue your ever diligent prayer and song of praise to our wonderful God. Please continue to pray for our medical team, for G's continued growth and overall health and for my ever loving husband who has "slept" on the worst possible bed and keeps watch over me to make sure that I want for nothing. He continues to inspire me. We so appreciate all of them and believe me, it has made a world of a difference!!!
We love you all!!

"And I'll praise you in this storm and I will lift my hands. For You are who You are, no matter where I am and every tear I've cried, You hold in your hand. You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm."
Casting Crowns

Love, Charlotte and her clan

2 comments:

  1. Hi Charlotte - I came across your blog from Sarah's and just wanted to say hi. It's funny because you and I follow some of the same blogs - this blogging world really is small! I know we don't know each other, but I am originally from Chester, so I know your in-laws.

    Also, wanted to say I will be thinking of you and praying for you during this time. It sounds like you have a wonderful faith and trust in the Lord....what a great feeling knowing He is on your side during times like these.

    Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete

what are you observing these days????