Friday, May 29, 2009

Summer TV

So I am somewhat a tv addict to begin with....but ever since being put on bed rest, my addiction has stepped up to a whole new level. I watch things that I always turned up my nose to before.
Of all the newly found tv shows, this one is my favorite.....
WE's "Little Miss Perfect" about the life behind the scenes of baby pageant world....before you start judging you should really watch. It is quite the comedic act. They find these country bumkins (I can say that because I am from the South) and follow their journeys of competing in the Little Miss Perfect beauty pageant. Hair extensions, spray tans, teeth whitenings, Aqua Net galore! I think the thing that gets me is that these moms push and push and push the beauty aspect, but their children use the WORST grammar and cannot speak! Granite, incorrect spelling and bad grammar is right up there at the top of my pet peeves, I think no matter how you were raised, if you have bad grammar it screams ignorance, but I think these beauty pageants should be used for the good. Encourage these little girls to be articulate and well spoken. But hey, no one asked me!
But all was topped when they showcased a little girl from Raymond's HOMETOWN!!!!! I about died!!! He is from a small town named Chester, about halfway between here and Charlotte, NC. I always tease him about being raised in the country when he does something strange, especially being that city Queen that I am : ) But this just topped it all! Unfortunately, Chester is a sweet little town with loads of charm and wonderful people and WE did not do it justice. Which, what more do you expect?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Off to the doctor today for my LAST prenatal appointment. It didn't quite hit me until this morning when I was sitting in Georgia's nursery. I sit in there every morning and have some coffee and just rock in her glider and take it all in. It smells so good in there and it's so clean and fresh. Raymond and I are about to embark on a wild ride of parenthood and up until this point, it has seemed somewhat surreal. I have a lot to think about- the first moments with her home, still making Tellie feel important (this is probably one of my greatest fears), learning how to balance it all, and focusing on being the best mom that I can possibly be. All I've wanted to be my whole life is a good mom to my children and I am so excited that God has granted me this opportunity. I will certainly miss the comfort of her being inside me, I don't have to worry about anything- I know she's getting plenty to eat, I don't have to worry about her crying or being in pain, or being away from her. She's with me everywhere I go. That will all change in a matter of a few days. I am so thankful for Raymond who is there for me every step of the way so I know that I have him to fall back on. We make a great team and for this I am so blessed. Today is a very bittersweet moment for me- it's a great moment, but I am saddened by the ending of my pregnancy. Despite how it may seem from my blog, I have so enjoyed this part of my life. It has been wonderful and I have loved being pregnant. Raymond and I are so excited to meet our baby girl and cannot wait to bring her home! We will certainly keep you updated with our status over the next few days. Stay tuned for our journey into parenthood!!

"When the night has come and the land is dark. And the moon is the only light we'll see. No I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid; just as long as you stand, stand by me."
-Ben E. King

Love, Charlotte, Raymond and Tellie

2 comments:

  1. Ok, you really tickled my funny bone....right in the middle of a rant on spelling and grammar, you said "granite" instead of "granted". Freudian slip?

    And I live everything you are watching...I dvr them and watch when I cannot sleep in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete

what are you observing these days????